- Changes 5.0
- Changes 4.4
- Changes 4.3
- Changes 4.2.5
- Changes 4.2.1
- Changes 4.0
- Changes 3.7.1.0712
- Changes 18.104.22.16890
- Changes 22.214.171.12461
- Changes 126.96.36.19911
- Changes 188.8.131.5227
- Changes 184.108.40.20602
- Changes 220.127.116.1116
- Changes 18.104.22.16812
- Changes 22.214.171.12416
- Changes 126.96.36.19927
- Changes 188.8.131.5214
- Changes 184.108.40.20624
- Changes 220.127.116.1119
- Changes 18.104.22.16812
Changes in 5.0
Dec 01st, 2015
- Improved synchronization engine
- Improved memory management
- Improved system responsiveness
- Complete rewrite of communication code; robust communication, increasing system reliability during periods of network instability
- Transmission performance improvements by reducing latency; more efficiently taking advantage of TCP/IP streams
- Reduction in bandwidth utilization, including reduced chatter to help optimize for the cloud
- Improved parallelization of concurrent file locking network traffic, providing a significant improvement in the time to service file-locking under load
- Overhaul of upload and download queues
- Replacement of internal time out strategy to accommodate the new faster throughput
- New Compression algorithm improves the overall compression of transmitted files resulting in bandwidth reduction
- Improved upload and download performance
- Improved reliability
- Improved driver stability
Changes in 4.4
Sep 29th, 2014
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Resolved issue related to saving XML based Microsoft Office Document formats such as PPTX
- Improved performance
- Improved reliability
- Improved reporting
- Improved driver stability
- Improved Agent service recovery options
Changes in 4.3
Apr 02nd, 2014
- Added ability to schedule metadata cleanup at a specific time, allowing for off-hours scheduling by default
- Improved performance when file-based filters are in use.
- Improved performance when working with folders containing many files.
- Improved visibility into Agent’s connection status from one screen via an enhancement to the Vault Server Statistics page.
- Added automatic backup of Agent registry information on Agent shutdown.
- Added the ability to store previous file versions in a compressed format while keeping current versions uncompressed. This should result in a significant reduction in disk space used by the vault.
- Added ability for all Agent logs to be redirected to a different location than the installation directory.
- Added additional performance information to the performance log to assist in measuring internal software performance.
- Added ability for Agent to prevent the creation of a Job with the unsupported ampersand character (&) in the name.
- Added low-load, performance-based diagnostic logging to be on by default.
- Added greater clarity and consistency in storage location of performance logs.
- Added (reintroduced) the ability to rename folders via the Vault web interface.
- Added performance logging throughout upgrade process.
- Added optimization to performance log for Excel viewing via Excel’s import function.
- Improved flexibility in restoring deleted files by allowing files to be downloaded from the web interface without the file being restored.
- Improved performance when ADS (Alternative Data Streams) are in play.
- Improved performance when copying files.
- Fixed an issue that could result in 100% CPU usage under certain scenarios.
- Fixed Agent issue that removes the need to import filters after changing the Vault URL.
- Fixed Agent Log Level Menu issue that prevented efficient sorting of log categories.
- Fixed Vault web interface issue where the level-up button was not working correctly.
Changes in 4.2.5
Dec 18th, 2013
- Added support for path lengths up to 585 characters
- Improved logging for ACL replication issues
Changes in 4.2.1
Aug 22nd, 2013
- Updated user interface
- Significant stability and interoperability enhancements
- Reduction of memory usage by Agent
- Previously entered Vault URLs are available in a drop-down list and can be removed from the list
- A backup of the user.config file is now created and used at startup of the WAFS Agent Manager in case of corruption
- When upgrading, the installer copies any defined filters and converts them to UTF-16
- Log4Net was added; TRACE-level logging has been improved
- Job user management is now available only for the Job Owner
- Improved handling of integrated compression tools (e.g. zip files)
- Temporarily remove support for snapshot capabilities
- Resolved system stability issues during Agent service shutdown/restart
- Resolved application crash issues during Agent service shutdown/restart
- Resolved Agent service crash issues when closing files opened through shares
- Reinstated support for configuring multiple communication ports
- Fixed permissions issue for WAFS Agent and Vault services do not stop when Windows Server is shutdown or rebooted.
- Fixed issue preventing Agent and Vault from starting on Windows XP/2003.
- Fixed issue where dump of metadata in RAM to the XDX file was every 2 hours instead of every 15 minutes.
Changes in 4.0
Sep 07th, 2011
- Redesigned user interfaces
- Consolidated installation and upgrade processes
- Added support for running as a service on Windows 2008
- Added Local Sync option for populating new jobs
- Added support for Unicode character sets
- Improved snapshot and recovery capabilities
- Temporarily removed support for use of proxies
- Temporarily removed support for use of SSL
Changes in 3.7.1.0712
Jul 21st, 2010
- Improved performance, particularly with upload speeds in higher latency network environments
- Improved the locking algorithms to enhance local access performance
- Addressed compatibility issues with OSX Snow Leopard
- Enhanced general kernel driver stability
- Enhanced the performance and stability of opening large directories
- Improved WAFS Server stability
- Improved WAFS Agent stability
- Improved support of MS Access 2007 when used in a single location with multiple users
- Improved RDP support
Changes in 22.214.171.12490
Apr 05th, 2010
- Improved Agent support of save/rename within Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 7 and Vista.
- Improved Agent handling of file paths in Windows 2008 Server.
- Improved support of Microsoft Access files deployed on the Agent computer.
Changes in 126.96.36.19961
Dec 17th, 2009
- ACE’s inherited from the “Parent Object” are now replicated to the target agent by the ACL manager.
- The Web admin interface can now open an URL if the file name or folder name has an ampersand (&).
- The server can now access a long file/folder path when the server is using a UNC path for AD.
- Incomplete files are not uploaded to the server when the agent’s hard drive is out of space.
- Word files are not deleted when the network is down during a save operation if “tmp” files are filtered.
- The server’s initial scan can now be skipped.
Changes in 188.8.131.5211
Sep 23rd, 2009
- Added support for Autodesk Revit Worksharing Monitor.
- Added support for Windows Server 2008 and Vista.
- Added ability to sort the Job Administration interface by name, type, size, and modified date.
- Clicking back one level in the Job Administration interface returns you to the previous level.
- Improved stability throughout WAFS.
- Resolved: Users were occasionally unable to log off when WAFS is running.
- Resolved: Certain unnecessary files were not being removed during server cleanup.
- Resolved: Users were unable to delete certain folders in Windows roaming profiles.
- Resolved: The progress bar on the General File Info tab of the Agent was not always updating correctly.
Changes in 184.108.40.20627
May 03rd, 2009
- Revit Work-Sharing Mode Support – the WAFS system now supports use of the Autodesk Revit software's Work-Sharing Mode.
- Filtering – the WAFS system now provides wildcard based file and directory filtering.
- Customizable Offline Mode Behavior – WAFS administrators may now customize user access to the replicated data set when a WAFS Agent is disconnected from the WAFS Server. The options include allowing full or read-only access to the replicated data.
- Customizable Unmonitored Mode Behavior – WAFS administrators may now customize user access to the replicated data set when a WAFS Agent is not running. The options include allowing or preventing access to the replicated data.
- Retention of Handles - To prevent erroneous simultaneous modification of files the WAFS system will now retain handles on files when an Agent disconnects from the WAFS Server. Open file handles may now be viewed and optionally closed at the WAFS Server via the web interface.
- Removal of SQL CDP Job Type – the SQL CDP replication job type is no longer supported in the WAFS system.
- Addressed various stability issues throughout the WAFS software
- Added the ability to control the aggressiveness of the WAFS Server cleanup functionality
- Resolved communications issues that were occasionally preventing the use of the multi-channel functionality
- Improved the user interface
- Improved the user documentation
- Addressed additional miscellaneous defects
Changes in 220.127.116.1102
Sep 30th, 2008
- Improved junction point handling at Agent startup and shutdown.
- Added compatibility for BackupExec version 12.
- Added compatibility for AutoCAD Architecture 2009.
- Fixed delete anomalies from the Windows Command Processor.
- Improved delete handling of read-only files.
- Improved display of network bandwidth on Agent’s Communication Info tab.
- Addressed known Agent stability issues.
- Supports 64-bit Windows Server 2003.
- Reduced CPU load for Agent.
- Faster delete speed.
- Significantly faster uploads and downloads.
- Improved Server performance during Server Cleanup
Changes in 18.104.22.16816
Jul 01st, 2007
- Enhanced the Agent start-up software so that it will rarely require a full scan of the Job folders and files. (Note – a full scan will occur at the first start-up after installing release 3.5.1.)
- Addressed issue of deleted files accumulating at the Agent. When files are deleted at an Agent, they are moved into a temporary area, and then completely purged after 24 hours. (This is unrelated to versioning at the Server.)
- Addressed issue of files reverting to an older version.
- Fixed communication timeouts due to improper lock handling between jobs.
- Fixed handling of ".." path from TrendMicro AV that caused files to delete at Agent.
- Addressed a handle leak that caused false locking of some folders.
- Fixed the software that could unlink a Job at Agent start-up.
- Addressed junction point handling at start-up.
- Fixed Server so UNC share paths can be used to specify vault location.
- Fixed file recovery web interface so it works properly for folders with pound character (#)
- Increased the default quota for newly created linked Jobs to 200 GB (was 10 GB).
- Addressed issue of error 21 during 'Count Now' operation
- Addressed some Agent stability issues
- Addressed some Server stability issues
- Added Auto Bandwidth Throttling for the Agent’s upload and download settings. We recommend using the Auto setting, and it is selected by default. The Auto mode will run at 'normal' bandwidth when user activity is detected, and will run at 'v.high' bandwidth when user activity is idle.
- Improved the handling of folder deletes at the Agent when synchronizing with the Server. An Agent will now be more responsive when large folder trees are deleted or renamed.
- Added caching of Server directory contents in memory for faster access, especially for folders with over 5000 files.
- Eliminated unnecessary synchronizations between Agent and Server
- Improved the response time for replicating files, which will improve file access time
- Added ability to modify logging levels. Do not adjust these settings without discussing with GlobalSCAPE Support. Improper settings can impact system performance.
Changes in 22.214.171.12412
Jun 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue of files erroneously uploading (reverting) after Agent computer loses power.
- Addressed error code 21 that occurs during ‘count now’
- Addressed possible failure of upload if Server rejects delta upload. Addressed stability issue on co-located Agent/Server.
Changes in 126.96.36.19927
May 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue of file reverting when server deletes and recreates a file
Changes in 188.8.131.5214
Apr 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue of file corruption when an agent finds only meta-data of a file during its scan
- Addressed issue of file lock in some applications
- Addressed stability issue of agent
Changes in 184.108.40.20624
Mar 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue where ACLs are not replicated in auto mode
- Addressed issue of Windows caching network shares when the agent is not running
- Addressed issue of network shares getting lost when agent machine reboots
- Addressed issue of agent failing to persist network share information during machine shutdown
- Addressed issue of offline cache settings getting lost upon agent restart
- Addressed issue of problems saving AutoCAD files on a CoLo machine in some environments
- Addressed issue of agent displaying incorrect upload or download percentage
- Addressed issue of file corruption due to erroneous file upload
- Addressed issue of files stuck uploading because a revision folder could not be created at the server
- Addressed issue of Job creation wizard not remembering previously selected job folder location
- Added software version information to window title bars.
- Addressed installation problems on some machines
- Addressed issue where agent shows online, but internally acts offline in some environments
- Addressed communication disconnects caused by server failing to parse header information
- Addressed issue of Server being slow when retrieving a file having too many old revisions
- Addressed issue of directory lock registry key having a default value that is too conservative
- Addressed various stability issues of agent and server
Changes in 220.127.116.1119
Feb 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue where new folders created via windows cache were deleted when agent syncs up with the server
Changes in 18.104.22.16812
Jan 01st, 2007
- Addressed issue where files could become corrupt due to frequent communication disconnects
- Addressed issue where files greater 64 KB in size were inaccessible through IIS
- Addressed incompatibility with IIS cache
- Addressed issue where files were inaccessible via share on Agent machines running Windows Server 2003
- Addressed issue where offline folder rename did not delete the old folder
- Added windows event log for Agent/Server start up and shutdown
- Addressed issue where files with 8dot3 format could become stuck in upload/download queue
- Addressed issue where the server intermittently rejected the delta, requiring full file upload and causing slow performance
- Addressed issue where the Agent full scan at startup could delete folders having 8dot3 format
- Addressed issue where files that existed at the time of new job creation were not uploading in a co-lo
- Addressed issue where deleting a job on a Server, which was configured to use multiple ports, could cause Server to crash
- General improvements to overall stability of Agent and Server